Digital channels have opened a two-way communication between brands and consumers, redefining the dynamic between the two.
Here are top 10 strategies brand should employ to increase audience engagement:
By asking your customers whether they are satisfied with the products or services you offer, or what their favorite topics are, you can also measure customer satisfaction.
There are several creative ways you can collect responses:
- Live chat: Using this tool, you can ask your website visitors to rate your customer service.
- Social media polls: Creating polls on Facebook and Twitter and posting surveys on Instagram Stories is a great way to collect valuable customer data.
- Email: Sending simple emails and setting clear expectations will encourage your clients to leave a reply.
- Feedback button: Adding a feedback widget on your website will help you generate responses without even asking questions.
- Exploratory interviews: Reaching out to your customers directly will help you open conversations and establish meaningful relationships.
- And more
The feedback you gather will not only help you attract your clients’ attention, but you will also be able to create a better experience, bring smarter decisions and increase customer retention.
- Share your brand values
- Create a unique voice and speak the truth
- Include your experiences
- Share your achievements but also your failures
- Highlight your people
According to Bizzabo, the most successful businesses spend 1.7x the average marketing budget on live events.
Hosting an online event may take some time to prepare. However, the weeks and months you will spend on it are totally worthwhile, especially during a time like the COVID-19 crisis businesses face.
Such events will allow you to showcase your expertise and educate your audience about your products or services as well as build meaningful relationships.
Providing your clients with exclusive content like eBooks, case studies or product coupons and discounts will keep your audience engaged.
This will especially work for Gen Z clients.
- 54% excited
- 41% rewarded
- 41$ special
And the top five personal information that they would share for exchange of exclusive content include:
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Full name
- Mobile phone
Influencer marketing is a great way to influence your potential and existing clients to engage. People usually want to replicate the celebrities they admire and will follow their recommendations.
Thereby, if your budget allows, partner with influencers who are quite popular on social media and have a huge number of followers on the platforms where your audience hangs out.
They will help you reach your target market effectively and build winning relationships.
This builds excitement and interest and makes them stay invested in what you offer.
This will increase your customer retention and turn them into brand ambassadors.
One of the most effective ways to increase brand engagement is to build emotional connections with your customers.
Here are a few ways to do that:
- Have a “Meet The Team” page on your website: Use team member images and short descriptions that will describe their roles in your company.
- Introduce the team on social media: Show who makes your team and brand on social channels to leave a stronger impact.
- Introduce yourself: Send personalized emails or direct messages to wish warm welcome when you get new social media followers or new community members.
Contests are especially beneficial for startup businesses since they can help them build their social media base.
Encouraging people to like and share your posts is attention-grabbing and will contribute your engagement to grow exponentially.
People enjoy getting free stuff, and they don’t mind participating if there is a possibility to get a reward.
Holding contests is also a great way to collect consumer data and it is still cost-effective.
Instead of creating content that is too salesy, you should focus on educating your audience. This type of content builds trust, makes your consumers happier and increases brand engagement.
- Focus on quality: You should develop content with a purpose and make sure it provides value to your audience. It should be well researched as well as include relevant facts and stats.
- Tell a helpful story: Your content should provide your prospects with a helpful experience that inspires and educates them. Once they read your blog or social media posts, they should leave your site with a key takeaway that is beneficial for them.
- Make it actionable: This type of content not only explains what to achieve but also tells your audience how to achieve it. It is innovative and includes real-life examples, niche expert quotes, visuals as well as addresses the most common questions or issues.
A useful rule of thumb when talking about increasing brand engagement is being consistent across all platforms.
Make sure you keep up a social presence and regularly share updates and news to stay fresh in your clients’ minds.
The same applies to publishing content or email newsletters.
So, keep a close eye on your social media mentions, reviews, comments and messages. Reply in a timely manner and be polite even when you face negative opinions.
You should prioritize their needs and interests to be able to earn their loyalty and trust.
The above-mentioned steps will allow you to draw interest, provide your audience and clients with value and increase their satisfaction.