Business cards are immortal. The trend will stay forever.
The world of business cards may seem to have gone obsolete due to the quick adoption of digitalization but, it still is the most sought-after service. A business card is one of the most important offline marketing strategies, no matter how digitized we become. It is the ID proof of a business and is the only tangible information that tells the prospective client that you mean business and are genuine.
Why Business Card Printing Service Does Still Has A Scope?
Every business has taken assistance from a business card printing service that helps customize our card and takes care of printing and shipping as well. It is a much understated business despite being cost-effective and profitable.
The reason business card printing service is still shining bright is because of the digital revolution that it underwent. With the discovery of web-to-print for printing business, designing and printing a business card has now become a piece of cake. Anyone with business card software and proper printing equipment can easily set up the business card printing service at the comfort of one’s home and the demand for such customized business cards is growing in the graph that means business cards are to stay for a long-long time.
Interested in pursuing it as a business?
Well, we have a step-by-step guide for you on how to set up and run your home-based business card printing business.
How to start a home-based business card printing company?
Research your local market:
Since the competition is getting fierce and with every other person opening up an online store, better conduct research in your locality and identify and analyze the demand for your service first than jumping into anything.
Look for your target customers and find out what their requirements are. Check for competitors – not to get discouraged but to identify how to stand out from them. Remember, it is only possible by finding out and working on your USP.
Also, at this stage, find out about obtaining a license and registration of your business too.
Buy proper equipment for business card design:
Your business value increases with the quality of your prints. Hence, invest in proper and efficient equipment for the best results. For a business card, the digital printers are expensive, but it’s an investment that will earn higher returns. However, if you are unable to afford the equipment till you earn enough to buy one; you can outsource it to a local commercial printer. Additionally, you will need a computer with good business card software, papers, paper cutter, toner, and other tools.
Buy good business card design software:
When looking for good online business card software, check whether it meets the following conditions:
- User-friendliness – Can the customer easily navigate through the process? The software should be easy enough for the customers to customize their designs or choose from a library of printer-compatible designs, along with easy order placement and payment. The site load speed should be fast, and the CTA of each page must be clear and understandable.
- Personalized experience – Check whether it has functionality and features like: push notifications, live pricing, email autoresponder, customer account management, etc. that will help create a personalized experience for the customer.
- Business metrics and tools – Confirm whether it has in-built tools that keep track of and notify order intakes, shipment, order progress, sales per client, plate efficiency, etc. in short, a good back-office management that will help in achieving a good turnaround time, consequently, increasing ROI for your business.
- Scalability — You can begin your printing solely for business cards, however always keep a scope of flexibility and expansion. Choose a solution that offers this feature, where you can scale to different printed products as well.
4. Promote your new business:
There’s no rule in designing a business card. Anything from creating a business card, to printing and selling is up to you and your visiting card software.
You can start by building a portfolio of your work or offer to print a few batches of business cards for your nearby businesses and use them to build your portfolio. You can spread the word through social media posts, and if by chance you are a good social network influencer, then you must definitely try influencer marketing as well.
This brick-and-click business is cost-effective and profitable as well. Even with digitization, people still do prefer a business card and invest in it, as a visiting card or a business card holds the image of the company. Hence, businesses near you would, definitely, want your service.
Hence, look for a customer-centric web to print software solution that helps you achieve business goals and scalability and create a strong and impeccable brand image in today’s time.
Ready to experiment and experience? Explore the best business card software from Design’N’Buy that meets all the above requirements and provides a complete and impactful software solution that is quick, easy, and convenient.