How do I attach hang tags to clothing?
- Pull the cord through the hang tag’s hole and make a loop after.
- Fold the cord in half and tie up the closed end through the hang tag to secure the cord.
- Pull the open end of the cord through the loop at the opposite end.
- Knot the cord around the strap or clothing label on the garment. You can also knot the cord through a buttonhole.
- You’re done!
Another way to attach hang tags to clothing items is through tagging guns. A tagging gun uses a plastic fastener (referred to as tagging barbs) to directly attach the tag to the piece of clothing. It’s pretty quick and easy, especially if you follow these steps to a tee:
- Using the manufacturer’s instructions, load plastic fasteners in the tagging gun.
- Slip the hang tag over the needle. Make sure the front of the hang tag faces the tagging gun, especially if it is the double-sided kind.
- Decide which part of the garment you wish to attach the hang tag. Ideally, hang one through a seam or the clothing label so you will not leave a hole in the clothing item’s fabric.
- Insert the tagging gun’s needle into the fabric and hold the garment in place.
- Engage the fastener by squeezing the instrument’s trigger.
Afterward, the end of the fastener will come through the needle and hold the hang tag in place. Now, the tag would finally be attached!